Artificial Turf Football
SALTEX – a part of the Unisport Group
SALTEX is the northernmost ISO certified artificial turf, synthetic grass, producer with a FIFA Preferred Producer status. With a long history in the industry and over 1000 installations in the Nordic Countries, we have a unique experience in development, manufacturing, construction, installation and maintenance of synthetic turf systems for sports.
We are committed to improving the most innovative, technologically advanced synthetic turf systems in the world and our turnkey solutions provide the best conditions for athletes.
We have also committed ourselves to improving the environmental aspects.
Manufacturing of High Quality Products
We have our own modern production plant in Alajärvi, Southern Ostrobothnia, Finland, with highly qualified staff with considerable experience. Utilising cutting edge technology has enabled us to reduce our lead times and to optimise production efficiency, accuracy and flexibility. To guarantee the highest possible quality we only cooperate with the leading and most experienced suppliers in the industry.
We constantly develop and test new grass systems in the laboratory.
To improve the user friendliness of our products, we regularly test different prototypes of grass in our own test laboratory in Alajärvi, Finland. In addition, we test our products in collaboration with the most important European research centres. Our products meet the strictest FIFA standards as well as our domestic requirements.
The test laboratory at our modern production plant provides facilities for testing all the requirements set for artificial turf, such as: Resistance to UV -radiation, durability, abrasion resistance and tensile strength. We can also test complete systems regarding the performance criteria for shock absorption, deformation, rotational resistant, ball roll etc.
The test equipment is also used to compare different methods of maintenance, e.g. behaviour of infill materials over time.
SALTEX has a long history of environmental thinking in the industry. In 2012, the turf backing was changed to a more environmentally friendly one. In 2013, we started the development of a new infill suitable for the Nordic climate – eCork. In 2012, we also introduced the drainage system PP23D that reduces environmental loads both during installation and in use. And there is more to come...
Unisport sustainability program
Our strong exclusive worldwide partnerships allow us to design and build synthetic turf systems with environmental sustainability for a variety of sports that are unequalled within the industry.
- Saltex BioFill™ - An environmentally friendly infill for artificial turf system
- Saltex Legacy™ turf - Lowest infill migration due to a uniqe fiber combination, no wrapping fiber
- Saltex Drop – Fibre with both excellent player characteristic and tensile strength
- Saltex MTRX – Nature like fibre positioning that lowers the risk of injury
- Saltex PU Power Backing – Nordic weather proof
- Infill materials – Rubber, plastics, natural and biodegradable
- Powerplay - New Pad development
SALTEX is also one of the founding members of ESTO (European Synthetic Turf Organisation), established in 2007. The organisation promotes the commonly agreed rules of conduct and plays an active part in the development of standards and testing methods used in the artificial grass industry, as well as facilitating dialogue between different parties.
Maintenance, After Sales & Annual Service Agreements
We also have a long history of supplying annual maintenance of pitches. These services can cover everything from simple refills to more advanced restoration services. Read more about our service agreements here >>
Preferred Arena Supplier
Most arenas in the Nordic countries with artificial turf systems are supplied by us. Among these arenas are:
- Sonera Stadium, Helsingfors, Finland
- Seinäjoki Stadium, Seinäjoki, Finland
- Rovaniemen keskuskenttä, Rovaniemi, Finland
- Kuopion keskuskenttä, Kuopio, Finland
- Elisa-stadium, Vasa, Finland
- Borås Arena, Borås, Sweden
- Södertälje Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- Fosshaugane Campus, Sogndal, Norway
- Aker Stadion, Molde, Norway
- Skagerak Arena, Skien, Norway
- Marienlyst Stadion, Drammen, Norway
- Right To Dream Park, Farum, Denmark
Anjo van der Wende
Business & Development Manager Artificial Turf Football